Over the years, Jazzwise has gained an impeccable reputation for the quality of its content and breadth of its jazz appeal. It profiles the leading lights on the current jazz scene while divulging insights into how they have fashioned and developed their craft. While always looking forwards, Jazzwise also gives homage to the musicians of the past who inspired and influenced, reviewing both new, reissued and archive releases of some of the best jazz CDs you will ever hear.
Jazzwise also keeps a close eye on the global music scene, reflected by its topical coverage and participation at international festivals and music fairs.
The magazine continues to be edited by award-winning editor and publisher, Jon Newey, with Jazzwise winning the coveted Best Jazz Media accolade at the prestigious Jazz FM awards in January 2013.
Each issue of the magazine features:
- News: the latest breaking news in the industry
- Reviews: a definitive review section
- Gig guide: listing of live jazz performances
- Book reviews
- Instrument reviews: in-depth reviews of all the latest jazz related instruments and technology launches
- The Player: interviews with the leading lights of the current jazz scene
- Live reviews
- Letters: your chance to write to us and have your say
- Plus much more